Roblox is hiring a
(NCG) Research Engineer - New Grad
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Research informs all aspects of the Roblox platform. With around 2,500 employees in the company and 20 of which on our fundamental research team, we rely on constant innovation to support a disproportionately large amount of content and players. We push product boundaries by working on cutting edge research with a focus on practicality. Research engages both internally and with the outside academic and technical community.
- Help build our large distributed systems experiments shepherding results from all areas into production
- Contribute to both public open source packages and internal research tools
- Support our research targets, such as scaling 3D experiences to tens of thousands of players per server, real-time natural language voice translation, and generative AI tools for creating code and content
- Report to our Principal Research Scientist
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in a research lab, such as an undergraduate thesis or research internship
- Good technical communication skills
- Ability to operate in two different development modes:
- Rapid "throwaway" iteration and prototyping for experimental work
- Traditional SWE for research infrastructure transferring work to product and open source
- C++, Python, and version control systems
- Responsible, independent, resourceful
- Motivated by being a research toolmaker supporting the scientific process
- Experienced in programming languages, APIs, and tools
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.