Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
As an experienced networking engineer at VRChat, you’ll be architecting and building the core real-time networking infrastructure that powers the VRChat metaverse. You’ll help develop a wide variety of systems necessary for multi-user experience and take ownership over some of these systems. The ideal candidate is an experienced Unity engineer with experience in the games industry with a passion for virtual reality!
Job & Team Impact
Your role will be to develop and improve the smooth and responsive feel of VRChat multiplayer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help deliver an exceptional user experience by improving network latency and smoothness to ensure users stay immersed in VRChat
- Work with the team to drive the feature roadmap of VRChat networking
- Design and implement network related features for the VRChat platform
- Optimize the experience across different networking layers
- Understanding of real-time networking security issues
- Understanding of the implications of asynchronous/unreliable communication
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working with game networking systems
- 4+ years of experience developing in Unity
- Experience working with Photon Networking SDKs
- Experience programming in C# with Unity’s APIs
- A general understanding of all aspects of Unity
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates
- Built and shipped a networked application
- VR experience is a plus
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.