Posted Sep 8
Street Smarts VR is hiring a
SAN ANTONIO, TX
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
We’re looking for a talented and driven Operations Associate to join our team. You’ll be responsible for a range of tasks related to warehouse inventory management, quality control, and collaboration across departments. Your role will be crucial in maintaining the smooth operation of our processes and ensuring that our products meet high-quality standards. You can expect to work closely with Operations management and the customer experience teams. This role reports to the Operations Lead.
This role will be working onsite full-time at our San Antonio corporate office, which is located downtown near the Pearl. Candidates must be located in or within commuting distance to the San Antonio area.
What you can expect to work on:
- Use inventory management software to update and maintain accurate inventory records
- Assist in optimizing inventory levels to ensure efficient storage and timely fulfillment
- Receive incoming shipments, inspect contents for accuracy, and ensure proper documentation
- Prepare outgoing shipments, including packaging, labeling, and coordinating with shipping carriers
- Maintain a well-organized receiving and shipping area for efficient workflow
- Perform regular quality checks on incoming and outgoing inventory to ensure they meet our quality standards
- Identify and report any discrepancies or defects in inventory items to the appropriate departments
- Process warranty claims and returns, coordinating with the customer experience team to ensure timely replacement or repair
- Collaborate with the hardware and software teams to assemble VR simulation products according to established procedures
- Ensure that assembled products meet quality and functional specifications
- Generate regular reports on inventory levels, movement, and quality control for management review
- Collaborate with hardware, software, and customer experience teams to coordinate activities, share information, and address any operational issues
What we expect from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree or higher preferred
- Based in or within commuting distance to San Antonio, Texas
- Prior experience in inventory management, warehousing, or operations is a plus
- Familiarity with inventory management software and tools
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Frequently moves boxes weighing up to 50lbs across the office for various needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to collaborate across departments
- Basic understanding of virtual reality technology is advantageous but not required
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
$42,000 - $47,000 a year
Salary Range: $42,000-$47,000/year
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position. Salary range based on years of professional experience, relevancy of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.