Roblox is hiring a
People Data Scientist
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
WHY PEOPLE SCIENCE AND ANALYTICS?
The People Science & Analytics team at Roblox supports our People, Places, & Systems group in all areas of applied statistics, data science for internal operations. Our team works to deliver a wide range of insights and solutions for Roblox, from developing industry-leading hiring assessments, to conducting job analysis and qualitative research, to architecting data analytics systems and tools. Reporting to the Senior Director, People Science and Analytics, in this role you will join a world-class group of learning and data scientists who are focused on collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to guide decisions and to design and support Roblox's approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
This role is based onsite at our HQ in San Mateo, CA.
- Partner with the teams within the People, Places, & Systems organization to identify key metrics, trends, and analytical needs.
- Collaborate with the Assessment team on assessment design and scoring.
- Clean and structure telemetry data to extract useful information, and create scoring models and analytics for game-based assessments.
- Create, test, and maintain data pipeline code.
- Design statistical experiments, conduct data analysis, and visualization for structured and unstructured data from a variety of different sources.
- Experiment on, analyze, and visualize structured and unstructured data from a variety of sources.
- Apply expertise in psychometrics, quantitative analysis, data mining, and applied statistics to improve new assessment and people science methods.
- PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Psychometrics (or related field)
- Industry experience in psychometrics and assessments
- 2+ Experience cleaning, collecting and extracting messy data structures (i.e., MOOCs, ITSs, Games, etc.)
- 3+ years of advanced data reporting, visualization, and dashboard creation
- 2+ years of operational testing experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation, and analyses; including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- A team player. You take initiative, are proactive, and drive toward team goals
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and participate in spirited discussions about the findings. You can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Highly self-driven. You are perpetually curious and consistently work to improve your skills by learning the latest modeling techniques, data tools, and domain knowledge. You excel in environments with freedom and autonomy and are excited by exploring a new problem space.
- A data expert. You are familiar with data analysis with SQL and a scripting language such as python or R. You are comfortable throughout different phases of data product development and can take a project from end to end.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.