Magic Leap is hiring a
Principal, Computer Vision Engineer, Online Calibration
As a Principal Computer Vision Engineer, you will serve as the company’s main expert on Online Calibration topics as part of (or outside of) our SLAM system and in delivering high-performance production software with state-of-the-art computer vision capabilities. Your code will be part of the foundations of our 3D platform that enables the next generation of computing applications for many years to come. Online Sensor Calibration is a critical component of augmented reality systems.
The ideal candidate will lead development of new online calibration products to provide the required performance level within the capabilities of the product hardware. The candidate must have strong a experience in computer vision with expertise in most of the following areas:
- Sensor calibration and characterization: Design, implement and improve advanced algorithms for online calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors and imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design and deployment of a calibration process targeted for factory production.
- Data based inference: Plan and undertake calibration testing, including climatic and external factor testing like
- Devising innovative data collection apparatus
- Designing and supervising data collection experiments
- Maintaining meticulous records of datasets collected complete with annotations and differentiating factors as part of the scientific rigor expected on this job.
- Communication skills: Effectively convey complex technical topics to both management and colleagues. Present high-level strategies to the team and advocate for the team's endeavors to external stakeholders.
- Collaboration with advanced optomechanics, factory calibration and cross team project management.
- Provide relevant projects Key Performance Indicators as requested.
- Develop and build in-house IP for state-of-the-art calibration methods.
- Simulate algorithms, analyze experimental results and internally publish findings.
- Support calibration needs across all Magic Leap departments
- Enjoy the flawless support of their colleagues and provide the same
- Strong knowledge of C/C++/Python (9+ yrs)
- 8+ years of experience in bundle adjustment and/or joint optimization.
- 8+ years of experience in 3D vision, robotics, control, and/or state estimation.
- Strong experience in numerical analysis and computational geometry.
- Past experience leading teams/projects solving advanced cross functional problems is a big plus.
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory coupled with seasoned experience – Work is highly specialized.
- Experience in implementing mission critical software, for example in medical or defense industries, is a plus
- Experience in assembling and characterizing vision sensors is a plus.
- Experience with git or other version control software
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Vision / Robotics or related is preferred
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.