Roblox is hiring a
Principal Developer Productivity Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Apps Productivity team, you'll help us shape the future of Roblox development. You'll help enhance our build processes and help make the Roblox development team more efficient.
If you're passionate about engineering productivity, build engineering, and optimizing development processes, we're looking for you to make a significant impact at Roblox! Join the Roblox team and help us improve how we develop the Roblox app. You will report to the Engineering Manager on the Apps Productivity team.
- Collaborate with diverse engineering teams to envision an integrated code and asset production process that maximizes efficiency and productivity.
- Shape the technical trajectory of our apps platforms, contributing your expertise in C++ build processes, Lua scripting, dependency management, and source control tools (such as Perforce, GitHub).
- Empower our development teams by creating tools that allow them to deliver high-quality products with greater accuracy.
- Promote productivity solutions aligned with the evolving needs of our engineering teams.
- Resolve important issues through root cause analysis and automation, preventing recurrence.
- Influence and enhance our development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure scalability and high availability.
- Share best practices across development teams to foster automation and efficiency.
- Collaborate with a global team of visionary engineering leaders, collectively pioneering technology that empowers user-generated content across multiple platforms.
- 5+ years professional experience in build engineering, engineering efficiency, or productivity-focused roles.
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages such as Python, Lua, C++, Ruby, C#, and Groovy. Familiarity with workflow automation and online/mobile gaming.
- Expertise in mobile app development, package and library management, version control systems, systems administration, and CLI scripting.
- A fervent advocate for automation, always looking for ways to expedite development processes.
- A trendsetter in the realm of engineering efficiency, well-versed in the latest industry practices and trends.
- Quick to adapt and succeed in the face of new challenges and experimentation.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.