Magic Leap is hiring a
Principal, Electrical Engineer
Magic Leap is seeking a qualified Principal Electrical Engineer with 15+ years experience to join our team and work in an advanced research and product development engineering environment, for next generation Magic Leap augmented reality (AR) devices. In this role you will be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for consumer electronic device architecture, simulation, design, integration and verification, as well as researching new architectures and solutions. Join our team developing next-generation technology for AR devices in an Agile Hardware Environment.
This role is based in our HQ office, Plantation, Florida and requires you to regularly come into the office.
- Lead research and development of new technologies from concept to productization
- Provide technical guidance to other team members in issue resolution and product development.
- Work with and drive development effort across different teams in a multidisciplinary cross-functional organization
- Drive schematic and PCB layout design
- System and component specification definition
- Simulation, modeling, design and prototype testing
- Simulate electrical signal integrity on PCBs and flexes
- Define, optimize and execute design verification test plans to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve design issues
- Support manufacturing process, test plans, test fixture designs, etc.
- Knowledgeable in power management and implementing low power systems
- Experience leading teams researching and developing new technologies from concept to productization
- Deep understanding of mobile compute architecture and design
- Solid understanding of Digital and Analog Design principles
- Highly experienced in product system architecture design and implementation
- Experience with High speed interfaces USB Type C, PCIe, DisplayPort
- Proven track record to design and manage all aspects of the printed board design
- Current experience using Cadence Allegro or other schematics/layout tool
- Skilled at troubleshooting board issues and implementing tests at system level
- JTAG Debug experience
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all other internal & external parties
- Proficiency in data analysis and tools such as MATLAB, Python, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Simulation skills (SI, PSPICE, etc.)
- High speed memory and processor design
- Battery life optimization
- Power Management design and techniques
- FPGA design experience is a plus
- VLSI design experience is a plus
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related fields (Computer Engineering or other) is required. MS or PhD is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guideline
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.