Roblox is hiring a
Principal Frontend Engineer - Avatar Marketplace Discovery
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Frontend Engineer on the Avatar Marketplace Discovery team, you will be driving the innovation of search and discoverability products in the metaverse. You will create extensible and scalable UI components and tools within the Roblox Game Engine and web, providing the interface for a majority of all commerce occurring on the platform. You will also work with other teams to inspire creativity and improvements to the platform to facilitate future work to internal and developer facing systems. If you have a passion for creating inspiring, easily maintained code, you will be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing team.
- Build and ship best-in-class features used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision.
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant.
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and automated UI tests.
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycle.
- Collaborate with numerous internal teams to build the world's best application.
- 8+ years of experience as a front-end or client apps engineer working on complex user interfaces
- 6+ years of experience with UI frameworks like React
- Demonstrable ability to drive accessible cross-platform solutions at scale
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a production environment.
- Experienced: You have experience as a front-end or client apps engineer working on complex user interfaces. You have experience working on large-scale consumer applications in React/Redux, have experience with and interest in various types of platforms, and hold a minimum of a BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a production environment.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users. You care about the little details that no one notices are there.
- Curious: You are excited to work on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered by the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you.
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users interact with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Adaptable: You are able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone.
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, driving projects for the greater team.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.