Roblox is hiring a
Principal Frontend Software Engineer - Growth Core
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Growth Core is the front door of the metaverse! We work closely with various product and engineering teams to improve the user journey from landing on the Roblox homepage to entering an experience.
As a Principal Frontend Software Engineer, you will design robust, extensible systems for high-traffic surfaces including the Roblox homepage. You will drive solutions using Lua, React and other technologies, helping us to create components quickly and reliably across a range of devices.
If you are an expert at developing user interfaces for web, mobile and/or console devices, and are passionate about user experience, you will be right at home with us! This role reports to the Engineering Manager on the Growth Core team.
- Passionate about users: You are sensitive to the needs of our users and strive to create the best possible experience for all;
- Versatile: You are comfortable switching between languages and are excited to learn new technologies;
- Analytical: You are excited to solve large, ambiguous problems systematically and thoroughly;
- Innovative: You design creative long-term solutions and stay in touch with industry developments;
- Team-oriented: You mentor junior engineers and lift up your peers
- Design, build and ship features to improve the user experience for millions of users
- Work with Engineering, Product, Design and Data partners to drive the future of content discovery
- Establish architecture and best practices for delivering features across a range of platforms and devices
- Strengthen the team through mentorship and technical direction
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 8+ years of experience with web, mobile, or cross-platform UI technologies
- 8+ years of experience building and launching consumer-facing features with design, product and/or other partners
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.