Roblox is hiring a
Principal Frontend Software Engineer - Roblox OS
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer (Frontend) on the Roblox Operating Systems team, you will be responsible for leading engineering efforts for building and scaling a suite of applications and reusable components to empower other Robloxians in various roles such as People Operations, Talent Acquisition, Budgeting, Roadmapping, and Business Analytics. We envision an integrated platform with many applications and tools that streamlines processes while providing employees and leaders with the information they need to support the business.
This is a new team at Roblox and we need a team member who can work with a high level of freedom and autonomy, advocate best-in-class development practices and collaborate with outside vendors, and work with Roblox Executives daily.
- A Technical Leader: You have a record of taking a strategic and systematic approach to challenging technical problems and seeing them to completion. Your technical expertise often influences product direction. You foster a culture of technical excellence and help other engineers grow.
- A Frontend Expert: You are an expert in modern front-end development using frameworks like React, with deep knowledge of topics such as TypeScript, GraphQL, and frontend security. Adapting to changing technology and understanding trade-offs are critical for this role.
- An Industry Veteran with Broad Experience: You are comfortable with a vast range of other technical topics, including backend development, DevOps, microservices, containers, mobile development, desktop development.
- Focused on Users: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Focused on People and Teams: You pay close attention to people and teams you work with, and help them stay happy and productive and continue to grow.
- Design, lead, and build the frontend architecture that will allow other engineers to efficiently build applications.
- Develop and lead the strategy to grow and scale the components necessary to empower other engineers in building the tools needed by our peers.
- Author and review specifications for new features and improvements.
- Lead other engineers by example and through technical direction as an individual contributor.
- Become an expert on our technology stack and make sure we always build new components and applications the right way.
- Collaborate with other teams within Roblox to make sure we are building products with a community mindset.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to work towards the research efforts into the Roblox products.
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable and be an ambassador for Roblox.
- You have 8+ years of experience working on front-end platforms with experience building great products.
- 4+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional, technical projects with multiple team members involved.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.