Roblox is hiring a
Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will be a part of the Information Security team and report to the Director of Product and Application Security while shaping the future of Infrastructure Security at Roblox with respect and empathy for the community.
- Identify security gaps and threats in our infrastructure, while laying down standards and policies to cover them.
- Harden our infrastructure by introducing secure by default designs and features into our infrastructure endpoints, tooling, and processes
- Own and drive resolutions for enabling Roblox engineers to design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale.
- Work closely with various other Security teams (AppSec, NetSec, CloudSec, Identity, D&R, Engine Security, etc.) and partner with teams across our Infrastructure engineering group
- Help shape our infrastructure to meet regulations and compliance requirements.
- 7+ years of experience: writing code and/or relevant technical experience
- Experience with: infrastructure automation, system hardening, container security concepts, and security observability
- Deep knowledge of: endpoint-level server security and supporting infrastructure around it
- Familiarity with: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), data encryption (at-rest and in-transit) and protection best practices, and orchestration at scale with systems such as Mesos, Swarm, Nomad, ECS, or Kubernetes
- Understanding of: network security, cloud security concepts, and industry best practices across many fields of security
- Collaborative: You love working with your direct team and cross-functional partners
- Thoughtful of build vs. buy decisions: You can build solutions, but you also review what tools are available
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You can gather data and make informed decisions when there is no clear answer
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.