Roblox is hiring a
Principal Machine Learning Engineer - Personalization
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer, you'll build machine learning based search and recommendation on the Personalization team. The mission of the team is to connect a billion users with the best connections and content at the right time, covering an extremely diverse range of recommendations and search problems at high scale. This is fundamental to how we personalize the experience to increase engagement and retention for Roblox users. Our recommendation systems suggest all experiences that the users see and play across all surfaces. With daily active users growing at a record rate, we are looking for experienced machine learning engineers who are passionate about designing and building machine learning solutions to power personalized Recommendations and Search. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Growth Personalization Team.
- Design and implement the machine learning solutions that power the recommendation and search systems driving Roblox content distribution.
- Design and implement LLMs for text and visual understanding
- Author specs for new features and improvement
- Collaborate with other teams within Roblox to make sure we are building products with community first mindset.
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to accomplish the research efforts into the Roblox products
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable and be ambassador for Roblox.
- You have 6+ years of experience designing and building scalable machine learning and search solutions that provide recommendations to millions or billions of users. Break down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, Advanced degree are a definite plus.
- Initiated and facilitated challenging technical decisions across multiple teams and organizations.
- User oriented: While deeply technical, you always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems. You simplify the complex. You bring in fresh ideas from new places.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.