Roblox is hiring a
Principal Machine Learning Engineer - Roblox Foundation Model
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Machine Learning Engineer on the Roblox Foundation Model (RFM) team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of AI-driven creation. Your responsibilities will revolve around leveraging cutting-edge machine learning techniques to develop multimodal foundational models capable of serving a diverse set of Roblox use-cases such as content creation, better personalization, improved platform safety, etc
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms that can seamlessly operate across multimodal data such as text, images, audio, and others
- Take the lead in researching state-of-the-art techniques, stay on the forefront of multimodal machine learning and contribute back to the community through publications and presentations
- Undertake the critical task of processing multimodal datasets to leverage high-quality input datasets for model training and evaluation
- Leverage generative modeling techniques, including GANs (Generative Adversarial Networks) and VAEs (Variational Autoencoders) to create rich and expressive generative systems that produce novel, engaging, and aesthetically pleasing content
- Integrate Language Models for natural understanding capabilities, enabling the multimodal models to comprehend and generate content with enhanced linguistic richness
- Keep abreast of ethical considerations and ensuring responsible AI practices in model development
- Communicate with the industry and communities where applicable and be ambassador for Roblox
- Report to the Foundation Model team Manager
- Worked directly with the ML Infrastructure and Platform teams to identify opportunities to further improve and optimize the tools and solutions that benefit entire Roblox
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning architectures, especially those tailored for generative tasks, and experience with training and fine-tuning such models using frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc
- Built data processing pipelines needed to train and evaluate ML models using frameworks such as Spark, Airflow, Ray, etc
- 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable machine learning solutions
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science or a similar technical field
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.