Roblox is hiring a
Principal ML Engineer - Content Safety
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we aim to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this tool belt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive.
WHY CONTENT SAFETY?
As a Principal ML Engineer on Content Safety, you'll build systems to ensure that user-generated content across Roblox is safe and civil. You'll work on some of the most challenging problems we face, from real-time text-filters at scale, to using LLMs. Safety and Civility is Roblox's #1 priority, and our mission is to protect our community. You will report into the Engineering Manager of Content Safety. This is not a remote role.
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction.
- Versatile: You are comfortable with several languages and technologies already. You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team-oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
- Build systems to detect and address problematic content on Roblox. You will build backend services working at high scale, ML models to detect unsafe content of all types, and tools to support our review operation teams.
- Build platform features to support product teams across the company in ensuring safety in every part of Roblox.
- Help define the team's roadmap and long-term strategy towards keeping content and features on Roblox safe.
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping products to production.
- 5+ years of experience identifying and driving solutions to difficult problems that span multiple teams and require deep technical expertise.
- 5+ years of experience developing large-scale customer-facing user experiences.
- 5+ years experience shipping scaled ML models in production.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.