Roblox is hiring a
Principal ML Engineer - Content Understanding
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal ML Engineer within the Creator Organization, you will lead, design and build machine learning driven solutions on the Content Understanding Team. The goal of the team is to establish a holistic and deep understanding of all the content that flows through our platform and use that to enable new ways of interacting with and creating content on Roblox. You will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and this position is based out of our San Mateo headquarters following a hybrid onsite schedule.
- Work on a spectrum of challenging content understanding problems related to image, 3D model, audio, text, and video
- Design and build seamless ML workflow from model training, evaluation to model inference for content annotation service in production
- Balance between researching new technologies and applying practical solutions to Roblox products
- Collaborate with passionate Engineers, Product Managers and other Roblox team members, cross-functionally.
- A strong understanding of deep learning frameworks including PyTorch and Tensorflow, as well as ML development workflow from training to deployment
- Deep knowledge in state of the art computer vision algorithms and deep learning network architectures
- Practical experience in shipping deep learning models in production to solve real world problems at scale
- 8+ years experience in at least two languages (Python, C#, C++, Java) and willingness to learn more as needed
- Leadership Experience: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical decisions across multiple teams and organizations
- A strong theoretical background in computer vision or deep learning
- Worked on image or 3D object understanding in the game industry
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.