Roblox is hiring a
Principal Network Backbone and Edge Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Network Engineer, you will work cross-functionally to plan the growth of Roblox’s global network to support rapid user growth. In this role, you are responsible for Engineering and Architecture of Roblox Backbone and Edge Network. You will ensure that we are making the right investments with our global expansion to provide a great experience for all our users worldwide. We run services and a hosting platform with some unique complexities, so this role is an opportunity for the experienced network engineer to take on new challenges in addition to applying their existing expertise.
- Tech Lead and architect for the Roblox’s Edge Network
- Drive future design, deployment, and operations for Roblox’s large-scale Network Infrastructure
- Engage in design, qualification, and validation of new technologies, and ensure new technologies are deployable at scale and are safely operable.
- Participate in the edge strategy program, helping guide future deployments and capacity augments
- Work with nettools to automate as many of our workflows as possible- session provisioning, CRM/email, dashboards for capacity augments, audits, etc
- Represent Roblox at various industry conferences (GPF, EPF, APF, etc)- as the peering point of contact at Roblox.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the global network infrastructure 24x7
- 8+ years of work experience responsible for designing, deploying and operating large-scale networks.
- 4+ years of work experience designing and managing large scale Backbone and Edge Networks
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE,).
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS) and experience with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with networking hardware.
- Experience in at least one programming language like Python, Go, C/C++ is a plus.
- A track record of successful collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.