Roblox is hiring a
Principal Network Security Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Network Security Engineer you will identify security gaps and threats in our network. Roblox owns and operates its own data centers and also has a number of public cloud uses which makes our network threat landscape broad.
- Harden our network by setting architectural direction and standards, and by implementing network-layer controls and standards.
- Work with the Information Security team
- Reporting to the Director Infrastructure security
- Collaborate closely with almost all teams in InfoSec (infrastructure security, cloud sec, application security, and identity)
- Partner with teams across all of our infrastructure group.
- 7+ years of experience: working in information security
- 5+ years of experience: focusing on network security
- Deep knowledge of: Internet routing and security best practices
- Direct knowledge of: network attack vectors, techniques, and remediations
- Experience with: programming with languages like Python or Go
- Understanding of: network security and cloud security concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and experience: with scalable network engineering and network security techniques and designs
- Collaborative: You love working with your direct team and cross-functional partners.
- Thoughtful of build vs. buy decisions: You can build solutions, but you also review what tools are available.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You can gather data and make informed decisions when there is no clear answer.
- Eager to solve hard problems: You challenge the status quo when it no longer makes sense, and don't shy away from big challenges.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.