Samsung Research America is hiring a
Principal, Penetration Tester
Our mission is to find vulnerabilities and formulate exploitation for modern mobile and IoT devices. The team consists of pen testers and well-known researchers in the field.
We are looking for a Principal Penetration tester who will play a vital role in our high-performance Advanced Threat Intelligence team, finding vulnerabilities and formulating exploitation for modern mobile and IoT devices. In this role, you will work on the latest exploitation techniques, new classes of vulnerabilities, as well as automatic analysis techniques like fuzzing and symbolic execution.
- Finding new security vulnerabilities in Samsung mobiles, Android, and the Linux kernel
- Developing exploitation to prove the existence of vulnerabilities
- Developing corresponding patches to prevent them from exploitation
- Writing documents for the new discovery, security guidelines, and playbooks internally/externally
- Building new analysis tools to automate the bug finding
- Participating in CTF, pwn2own, bug bounties
- BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 12+ years of either pen-testing experiences and/or vulnerability research
- Experiences in CTF competitions, Pwn2own, or bug bounties
- 0-day vulnerabilities (CVEs) reported in low-level system software: AOSP, macOS, Windows, FreeBSD, Linux, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Experiences in developing new tools: LLVM, CodeQL, fuzzer, symbolic/concolic executor, sanitizers, static code analysis, crash analysis
- Publication, technical report, blog articles on 0-day bugs, exploitation techniques, or research
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.