Roblox is hiring a
Principal Product Designer, Apps
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Principal Product Designer, Apps, you'll help lead design and strategy for our universal app and platform app futures. You will oversee end-to-end design for our core Player app product, working collaboratively with product managers, researchers, data scientists and engineers to define immersive platform level experiences for mobile, desktop,10ft, wearables and beyond. These app experiences span different verticals: entertainment, education, productivity and social.
You'll help define UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. You'll improve resources across product teams and grow our design team. You'll guide the team, nurture talent and lead with transparency to foster a collaborative culture of design excellence.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this is a high visibility role, where you'll make an impact that sparks imagination and enables players around the world to enjoy incredible experiences on Roblox at a time of sustained growth for our business.
- Create outstanding user experiences for a diverse global audience through seamless cross-product journeys, engaging learning experiences, and delightful interactions that align with our mission.
- Bring aboard experienced designers and develop the team to improve on quality and professional growth.
- Present design strategy to group and executive leaders.
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features.
- Work with Engineering to determine feature roadmaps and contribute to the vision for App Expansion and Experience Platform.
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give concise feedback on planning and product direction.
- Report to the Product Design Director
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional work experience in a design leadership capacity with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience..
- A designer who values collaboration, drives for design quality and cohesion, and works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- A thinker that advocates for holistic and connected user experiences.
- A Problem Solver who has a tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges across end-to-end learning journeys.
- A compelling storyteller who can articulate new ideas through verbal, written, and visual communication with engineers, product managers and executives.
- Investigative and inquisitive about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger Roblox organization.
- Execution-focused and well versed in the development lifecycle, and can navigate engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas.
- Creative in building to produce designs and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.