Roblox is hiring a
Principal Product Manager, Safety
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Safety is Roblox’s top priority. The Safety Group builds features and tools that protect our users and ensure that our applications are safe and civil as we connect the next billion users to have meaningful social interactions. Areas that the Safety Group works on include:
- Abuse Reporting
- Content Moderation
- Accounts & Identity
- Privacy & Compliance
- Customer Support
As a Principal Product Manager on the Safety team, you will work closely with leadership, product, design, data science, and operations teams across Roblox. In addition, you will drive critical company-level KPIs that affect user safety. As we bring new immersive features to Roblox, you will be responsible for leading the product in one of the most challenging and vital roles at Roblox.
This role is based in San Mateo, CA and reports to Director, Product Management at Roblox.
- Prepare and manage product requirements from conception to launch
- Work with a fast-paced multicultural team, across companies and time zones
- Balance input from a wide variety of internal stakeholders and partners with potentially competing priorities and timelines
- Work closely with engineers, designers, analysts, and product owners to drive the planning and execution of complex product requirements
- Manage cross-team dependencies and coordinate cross-team initiatives as well as blocking issues
- Grow your career with an amazing company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A self-starter, with 5+ years of experience in product design and management, in which you managed software projects that cut across multiple stakeholders and organizations.
- Experience in building platforms
- Experience in defining and developing user-generated content (UGC) moderation or content lifecycle management products
- An effective communicator, with strong listening, verbal, and written skills
- Open-minded and empathetic, with experience working across cross-geo and multicultural teams
- Dynamic and flexible, who creates opportunity out of uncertainty and ambiguity (e.g. changing requirements or incomplete data)
- A problem solver, who approaches challenges with a logical and systematic framework
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.