Roblox is hiring a
Principal Product Manager, UGC Avatar Creators
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Expression is core to our mission and everyday, millions of people come to Marketplace or other avatar shopping experiences to discover and shop for creations that help them express their individuality. They dress and play with their avatar as they connect with friends across thousands of immersive digital experiences. Powering the creativity of our Marketplace is our community of creators and developers who are building businesses and establishing their brand by selling creations.
Our Marketplace is a critical component of Roblox's economy, accounting for a third of economic activity on the platform. As a Principal Product Manager responsible for Avatar Creators economy, you will have a front seat at shaping the future of Marketplace and what it means to build an economy powered by our community.
- Be responsible for building and shipping products that help people express their individuality and deepen our communities ability to earn on the platform
- Get hands-on with our community, understand their needs, and partner with the engineers, designers and data scientists to build roadmaps
- Balance the needs of a two-sided Marketplace, constantly striving to deliver for our community and consumers, while using a combination of data and research to inform and iterate on decisions
- Work cross-functionally across Policy, Legal and Developer relations teams to define systems and policies that govern our Marketplace
- Be a champion of Marketplace and our Economy across the company and with the community
- Report to the Sr. Director of Product, Marketplace
- Build the future of the Roblox Economy!
- 7+ years of Product Management experience shipping high quality, delightful experiences with a focus on two-sided ecosystems across consumers and creators
- Grown product engagement or revenues metrics at consumer facing companies
- Interdisciplinary experience. In addition to the standard product functions of design and engineering, you have experience working within a multidimensional environment including analytics, business development, communications/PR, and marketing
- Experience growing earnings of creators or merchants through product solutions
- Experience in managing marketplace dynamics through pricing and incentives
- Skills to convey complex ideas through written, visual, and verbal communication, always focusing on the reasons behind everything you do. Those skills transition from the detailed and technical for specs to the inspirational for strategic presentations.
- Spirit of an Entrepreneur with an ability to contribute to product design, project management and technical ideas.
- Skills to execute in a growing environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning and development, through launch.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.