Magic Leap is hiring a
Principal, Product Safety Engineer
As a Principal Product Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the safety assessments of Magic Leap products from Development PEQs to Launch. You will own the development of Magic Leap’s product safety program including oversight of the risk management process and product safety checklists. You will work closely with Compliance, Quality, Engineering and Reliability teams in the creation and maintenance of these deliverables.
- Develop, implement and manage the product safety program for Magic Leap products.
- Champion Design for Safety initiatives across the company.
- Oversee the risk management process at Magic Leap to ensure completeness and appropriate risk tools are used during design/development/manufacturing and post-market.
- Work across all departments to ensure that risk documents and safety checklists are maintained and updated as new risks are identified
- Work with Quality and Compliance on product safety escalations during new product development and ongoing production.
- Manage cross-functional teams to resolve product safety issues.
- Support or lead additional safety testing that may be required outside of compliance or reliability testing
- Develop and communicate safety overviews and updates to executives, and cross-functional teams.
- Prioritize and complete tasks to meet deadlines.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant and hands-on product safety and compliance experience working in the high tech field.
- Consumer electronics new product development experience is required.
- Technical experience with one or more of the following areas (battery, laser, Infrared LEDs)
- Experience in leading safety and compliance programs in global, fast-paced, high volume manufacturing environments.
- Experience in safety testing (including Mechanical Stress Tests, Shock/Drop Testing, EMI, EMC, ESD).
- Robust working knowledge of ISO 14971 Risk Management process and risk tools much as Risk Analysis, FTA, FMEAS etc.
- Experience in the investigation of applicable requirements in regulations and standards as applicable for Magic Leap products (e.g., CE, ISO, UL, FCC, CE, CPSC, FDA, ANSI, WEEE, RoHS).
- Experience certifying products and working with regulatory agencies including CPSC.
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the desire to work with a great team and product.
- Excellent written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Self-driven individual with attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in engineering. MS or PhD preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.