Roblox is hiring a
Principal Security Software Engineer, Identity and Access Management
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Principal Security Software Engineer on the IAM team you will be a founding member of the team. You will provide impact by designing systems that provide identity and access management for users and workloads. Your work will not only dramatically improve Roblox's security posture, but also improve workforce productivity.
- Help us solve a variety of unique IAM security challenges at scale.
- Have the independence, opportunity and the end-to-end responsibility to develop security services within the Roblox infrastructure ecosystem.
- Shape the team vision for products, define the roadmap and lead the execution work by example. You build it, you run it.
- Build relationships with the other teams in the Security organization, but also across the company, with teams in Engineering and Product.
- Help grow the team by mentoring existing team members and supporting the recruiting effort.
- Deep technical understanding of an area of IAM (e.g. identity, authentication, authorization, or identity lifecycle management)
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience building scalable, available, distributed backend applications.
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language (Python, Java, Go C++, C# .NET).
- Knowledgeable with REST API, design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Experience mentoring junior and senior engineers and leading their work.
- Experience with authentication and authorization for user and workload identities
You Might Have:
- Experience with systems used for authorization (e.g. Okta FGA, Authzed, PlainID, etc.)
- Experience with identity governance tools (e.g. Sailpoint, Okta IGA, etc.)
- Experience implementing scalable identity lifecycle management
- Familiarity with Multi-Factor Authentication and Single Sign On
- Experience rolling out passwordless authentication (i.e. PassKeys, Beyond Identity)
- Familiarity with PKI, Public Certificate Authorities, OpenSSL.
- Familiarity with Active Directory.
- Experience with the Hashicorp Stack (e.g. Vault).
- A great technical leader: You have experience leading the technical work to deliver automation for infrastructure or product.
- Team-oriented: a collaborative team player who enjoys working with others.
- Passionate about security: You have experience with security, or you are curious about it and you are looking to grow in the space.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.