Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Account Management
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically and proactively detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
WHY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT?
Maintaining Safety and Civility is Roblox's #1 priority and our mission is to ensure safe, civil and appropriate experiences for authentic and accountable users. The Account Management team is a user-facing team that builds systems and tools for users to more easily manage permissions, content, and the Roblox experience both for themselves and their families. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will guide a team of 10+ engineers to build a world-class Account Management platform. You will partner with other teams to build a platform that powers context-aware, safe, civil experiences that take into account our users' ages and locations. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Account Management Team.
- Lead a group of passionate engineers to build a world-class Account Management platform, accounting for diverse users, ages, roles, and relationships around the world
- Build systems to scalably model international compliance requirements that control users' abilities to access features and platforms
- Design and build backend services across large distributed systems
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend stack for the team.
- Work with teams across the company to ensure a safe and civil Roblox experience for users of all ages.
- 8+ years of experience designing reliable, available and large-scale distributed backend services
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping products to production improving millions of users' lives
- Expertise in compiled languages such as Golang, Java or C#
- Experience setting a high bar for architecture quality, and ability to weigh and make the right tradeoffs between speed, quality, impact, and effort.
- The ability to think ahead and make the right investments that will solve future challenges.
- Versatile: You work well with Product Managers and Designers and know how to take a product from A-Z with UX in mind. You have experience mentoring engineers and improving your fellow engineers.
- An Owner: You take the time to understand the why, not just the what and how.
- Forward Thinking: You don’t just consider immediate needs, but are able to anticipate and build for future ones.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.