Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Ads Experience
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer working on Ads Experience, you will build a brand new advertising experience for our advertisers and publishers. This team will provide advertisers with tools to run successful ad campaigns as well as provide publishers the tools to build revenue streams from immersive ads. You will be part of the team building a brand new experience for Advertisers and Publishers that will be critical to our Immersive Ads future. You will report into our Engineer Manager.
- Have direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions allowing our creators to earn a sustainable living and build experiences for a global community of over 70 million daily active users
- Innovate on and build the first immersive ads experience for the advertiser to in the metaverse and build the next generation of commerce in the metaverse
- Be a technical leader for the team and mentor junior engineers
- Help recruit future talent for the team
- 8+ years of experience developing a wide-array of software products
- Experience with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Passionate about working on Immersive ads in the metaverse
- Inspired to create great user experiences
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Excited about working on large-scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Data-driven with a focus to provide quality metrics and monitoring
- Collaborative and excel at working in teams, inspiring others, and driving projects collectively.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.