Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Application Platform
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Here are a few quick highlights of how we power Roblox:
- Microservices - we manage 50+ microservices, the most of any Roblox full-stack engineering team. Most of these services handle access to production databases to return user's related data to the rest of Roblox architecture. These services are crucial to run Roblox. They sit right at the heart of the connection between product and infrastructure.
- API Scale - we run services that hit 500K - 3M RPS, the highest load of any Roblox full-stack engineering team. Scalability and reliability of these services is an important to keep the product alive.
- Thumbnails - our system generates 20,000 - 50,000 thumbnails at peak. Perfect for viewing all your avatar clothing options!
- Roblox website - managing the production machines behind running the website while re-architecting it is a real interesting architectural challenge. If you're interested in changing the airplane's engine while it's flying, you'll like this challenge.
- Report into the Application Platform Organization.
- Design features in our backend server and API stack that power https://www.roblox.com and mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon platforms.
- Build new microservices in a collaborative modern development process using Docker, .net Core, and container orchestration.
- Be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and long-term approaches.
- Track data, on changes/improvements so they can be measured, and so that we can improve.
- 9+ Years of Experience building web applications in frameworks such as ASP.NET, SpringMVC, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- An expert that has shipped multiple products / versions of products.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.