Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Application Virtualization
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Engineer on Application Virtualization , you will be leading a multi-year initiative to build a modular and flexible architecture that allows Roblox App to scale across multiple platforms, use cases and countries. You will be responsible for integration of our app with system services on mobile and desktop platforms, providing bindings to the game engine and the Lua application. We build clean, performant, cross-platform systems that serve as the foundation to build applications used by millions of users every day.
- Experienced with 5+ years of experience working on complex consumer applications for Android, iOS, macOS or Windows
- Proficient in modern C++, multithreaded and asynchronous programming, profiling and performance optimization
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about working across multiple platforms to create the best user experience
- Collaborative, communicative and follow-through
- Organized, analytical, and skilled at tracking numerous separate threads to resolution
- Create new performant cross-platform features to support our applications
- Develop and improve system bindings for the various platforms we support
- Build cross-platform architecture that is modular by nature.
- Use the best development and testing practices to maintain stability and performance of the application
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- Work with numerous teams to drive architecture decisions and build the world's best applications
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.