Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Collaboration
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Engineer, you will lead the evolution of Roblox Studio and our cloud services. You will build best-in-class collaborative development experiences for Roblox creators related to our flagship Team Create a product. You will tackle the most significant projects related to scale, performance, and new co-development experiences.
Collaboration and large teams are the future of building one's imagination on Roblox, and you will be designing and building features that unlock that vision. Join us in our mission to make collaboration development in the metaverse performant, social and fun!
- Plan complex technical features E2E in our game engine and in the Studio UI that will allow developers to grow in our community
- Establish the foundational architecture and technical direction to allow Studio to keep expanding its capabilities
- Work cross-functionally across teams and technology platforms to deliver high-quality and fantastic user functionality
- Lead by example and mentor engineers to implement technological best practices, patterns, and strategies
- Improve product quality by fostering automation testing
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development.
- Experience: You have 8+ years of experience building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives. You hold a BS in Computer Science. Proficient in C#, Go, C++, Java, Python, or similar programming languages, multithreading, and networking. end, to end, and bring features from vision to life. Familiarity with React/Redux and Lua.
- Knowledge: You understand the components required to build modern large-scale infrastructure. You can recommend one route versus another and bring a team of engineers to an agreement. You also love to pick up new technologies as the landscape evolves. Expert in component-based front-end libraries and frameworks with a commanding grasp of building performant user flows. Familiarity with QT/QML, MFC, or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Versatile: You work well with Product Managers and Designers and know how to take a product from A-Z with UX in mind. You have experience mentoring engineers and improving your fellow engineers.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.