Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency Service Management
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engineering Efficiency team at Roblox provides a golden path of intuitive tools and services helping every engineer at the company build, test, and ship world-class software. As a Service Management Principal Software Engineer, you will design and build the unified user facing interface, and help them manage every change of their services. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our experienced and expanding Engineering team.
- Partner with our internal Engineering teams to gather requirements and develop our service management platform that fulfills the critical user journeys
- Create, influence, and improve the overall development and implementation of front and back-end applications that manage thousands of change rollouts everyday
- Collaborate with partners and fellow engineering teams to come up with cross functional architectural designs tho be optimal for multiple years into the future
- Develop, mentor, and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency
- Work closely with managers to shape the team's vision and bring that to life
- Work with a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to achieve the Metaverse
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) + at least 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Designed, built, shipped, monitored, and supported tools and/or systems used by other engineers at Roblox scale (1000+ engineers)
- Experience with backend development and frontend development and best practices
- Designed and built tools at scale
- Extensive Infrastructure and distributed system experience
- Experience working with common cloud technologies
- Experience with Docker, Containers, and CD Platforms
- Familiarity with Hashi Corp and Kubernetes (bonus)
- Knowledgeable and proficient in deploying common industry build/test/CICD technology
- Experienced, with 8+ years as a software engineer
- Passionate about the engineering experience and productivity, and will be an advocate across engineering for the importance of CD practices to that experience
- Customer-focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to establish outstanding solutions that solve their toughest problems
- A team player, you work with and inspire others around you, and you are comfortable working with people in any situation
- Required to be in the office at HQ 3 days a week (Tues-Thurs).
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.