Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Storage Stateful Infra Management
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Software Engineer - Storage Stateful Infra Management on Roblox Storage Platform team, you will have an immediate impact on the core systems powering the experiences of our 260M+ monthly active users. Your primary responsibility will be building the system making it easy to manage stateful storage services at Roblox. If you enjoy working on software alongside experienced and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our growing Storage team.
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with at least 9+ years of hands on experience
- Knowledgeable: you are well versed with database fundamentals (SQL, NoSQL)
- Able to shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and in automated testing.
- Curious: you are keen to learn and grow, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Preferred to be knowledgeable of workflow solutions, such as Temporal, Apache Airflow etc.
- Preferred to be knowledgeable of distributed resource management framework/algorithm, such as Helix, Raft etc.
- Preferred to be knowledgeable of Docker/K8s, Terraform, Consul, Vault and Nomad.
- Preferred to be knowledgeable of programming languages such as Go or Rust
- Develop stateful services management system that manages globally distributed data systems that are handling in excess of 50M requests per second at busy times
- Build globally distributed, highly reliable systems using Go and/or Rust
- Self-organize your work and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Be an inspiration to the people around you and to be inspired by the people you will work with
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.