Roblox is hiring a
Principal Software Engineer - Studio Scripting
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Studio Software Engineer, you will be a key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio as a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables collaborative script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You will help Roblox Studio break new grounds for the gaming industry and software engineering
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through initiatives.
- Design and execute on the architecture and technical direction of multi-quarter features that will be the future of our application
- Work cross functionally, across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members with team initiatives and advocates with stakeholders to move projects forward.
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Report into the Engineering Manager of Studio Scripting Team
- Experience, 8+ years in developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems, with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications
- Proficiencies in industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focus on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passion for solving complex problems that are not solved easily
- Collaborative experience with team members an able to work cross functionally with others
- Organizing and analytical skills
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.