Posted Aug 27
VRChat is hiring a
Join the VRChat Team!
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
As a Producer at VRChat, your main focus is to organize and enable the various teams at VRChat to do their best work. You will work in one or more teams, managing new and existing tasks as work progresses. Facilitating communication is key, both within teams and across various teams when necessary. Whenever issues arise that slow or block work from happening, you will do solve those problems and make sure teams can keep moving forward. You will report to the Head of Production and work with a team of other Producers and QA across VRChat's various teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create new tasks as necessary, including assigning, prioritizing, and communicating them
- Manage and organize existing tasks, following up on them as needed
- Drive and organize projects within VRChat
- Ensure that teams are communicating easily and effectively, including setting up meetings
- Work with Team Leads to understand the roadmap and goals of the team in order to plan accordingly
- Quickly determine the scope of projects and the actions necessary to complete them
- Solve challenges that slow down or block the team and communicate these challenges to others
- Update and improve the process to increase efficiency without causing undue chaos
- Enable programs to hit deadlines and get work done on time regularly, with proper time expectations to avoid high-stress environments and the need to crunch
- Measure and communicate progress to Leadership on a regular basis
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Past hands-on experience in Production / Product Management roles (4+ years)
- Understanding of various engineering efforts (Unity/server/web) and the work needed to complete technical tasks
- Strong communication skills, including speaking to large groups
- Familiar with GitHub and managing branches, PRs, etc.
- Constant awareness of process and potential for improvement
- A focus on efficiency and cutting out wasted effort
- Ability to be extremely flexible and change plans often
- Comfortable working with charts and able to organize information in ways that make it easy for everyone to understand
- Comprehensive experience with project management tools and industry best practice
- Experience working on a "live" app that receives perpetual updates
- Experience working on a social app/platform
- Experience working in the video game industry
- Experience with VR, as well as VRChat itself
- General understanding of Unity as a creator
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Onboarding Hardware Stipend
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
All offers are subject to satisfactory references and background checks.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.