Roblox is hiring a
Product Designer, Trust and Safety
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Product Designer on Trust & Safety, you'll be focused on ensuring and promoting safety and civility for Roblox users, the communities they love, and the creators (developers) who build those experiences. You’ll be responsible for our user-facing safety features that help users recover from platform issues, including Customer Support, Abuse Reporting, Appeals, and Reform. You’ll also help define our future vision for encouraging positive community engagement across the Roblox platform, including ways to enable our creators to help keep their own content and experiences civil and safe.
Our company goal is to reach 1 billion users with optimism and civility, and you can't reach 1B users without ensuring every user feels safe, empowered, and protected as they explore, learn, play, interact, and create.
Reporting to a Sr. Product Design Manager, this is a high impact role where you'll have ownership over key areas of safety design. You’ll collaborate with other designers on the Safety team and across the company, and you’ll work hand-in-hand with your UXR, product, engineering, and DSA partners.
- Hit the ground running to audit, research, strategize, and redesign our existing in-app safety flows, define and sell your vision, and execute quickly
- Listen, learn, empathize, and get close to mod leads, CS leads, PMs and engineers to deeply understand our existing research, challenges, constraints, and needs
- Define a complete user-facing system, information architecture, and vision for in-experience and out-of-experience safety; craft compelling product narratives to communicate that vision
- Work with partners designing and building our app architecture, visual systems, and our internal moderation and customer support platform
- Help drive team collaboration, culture, and rituals throughout the design and development process
- Own the, strategy, IA, design, and execution of journey maps, system maps, service design blueprints, wireframes, prototypes, reusable components, interaction patterns, and design specs
- Proactively partner and collaborate with other Roblox product design teams (e.g. App, Economy, Creator/Studio)
- Ensure our safety features are useful, understandable, efficient, accurate, easy to use, and actionable when moderators is involved
- Become a trusted partner by communicating and demonstrating the value of systems thinking through product design
- Influence roadmaps, facilitate design projects, and drive alignment and consensus to serve the safety team’s business needs
- Demonstrate success as defined by user perception, partner team sentiment, the cohesiveness of the user experience, impact, consistency, ease of use, and craft and beauty of the final product
- 7+ years’ experience in product design, information architecture, UX, or a related field
- Familiarity with UX best practices for Trust & Safety and/or customer support
- Experience as a product design thought leader, influencing PMs and engineers, earning trust, promoting design, educating your partners on the UX process, bringing them along, and advocating for our users
- Excellent visual, interaction, and service design skills
- Your own design portfolio of products that showcases systems thinking, functionality, clarity despite complexity, usability, and flow across an overall user experience
This Role is hybrid and our office is in San Mateo, CA.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.