Roblox is hiring a
Product Designer, Visual Systems
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Product Designer on Visual Systems, you will set the foundation for our Roblox Design Language and reimagine how we leverage typography, iconography, illustration, color, layout, motion, sound, haptics, spatial language and more to create an industry-leading UI language. You will partner with our brand team in setting a common design foundation that expands from marketing to product. You will also work closely with our Design Systems teams across our product ecosystem from Apps, Social, Avatar, Growth, Economy, Creator and Education in implementing the new design language into our systems and component libraries. You will report to the Creative Director, Visual Systems.
The Visual Systems team is evolving Roblox's design quality and you will work closely with creative, technical and brand teams to provide design direction, create functional and delightful product experiences, and refine our design language across all platforms. We ask that you have a holistic understanding of visual design languages in digital spaces, imaginative approach on how our design building blocks co-exist in 2D and 3D environments, strong storytelling skills and mastery in interaction design across multiple platforms. As we define a future-proof design language you'll affect the hearts and minds of our users around the world at a time of incredible growth. #LI-Hybrid
- Grow and mature our visual design foundations by leading different initiatives.
- Focus on strategy, implementation and expression of our design language across all platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with Brand/Creative, Design Systems and Product and Engineering partners to represent the visual design team. ,
- Facilitate design discussions and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Partner with designers, artists, and engineers to craft transformative, captivating and empowering experiences across our ecosystem of platforms and devices.
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to define concepts, improve and evolve our design language, and bring new ideas to life in product.
- Work with Design leadership and bring your unique perspective and passion to influence how we mature and evolve our design studio culture and how we make a greater impact across the company.
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give concise feedback on planning and product direction.
- Partner with the Engineering team to provide a high-quality implementation of delightful product experiences.
- Have opportunities to present your work to executive leadership.
- 5+ years of professional career experience as a Visual Designer, UX or Product Designer with deep experience in developing innovative user experiences.
- A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, UX, Game Design, AR/VR, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience.
- A Master Craft-Person, with a love for visual UI/UX design and prototyping.
- Iterative, encouraging a design process that explores sketches, visual design studies, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborative, sharing work early and often.
- Thoughtful, intentional in balancing the traditional frameworks with creating new style patterns
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.