Samsung Research America is hiring a
Product Manager- AI (Korean Bilingual)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Title: Product Manager- AI (Korean Bilingual)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Lab: Artificial Intelligence Center
Lab Summary: The Samsung AI Center (SAIC) within Samsung Research America (SRA) leads at the forefront of innovation in creating intelligent and interactive machines building upon an ecosystem that is user-centric rather than device-centric. The success of AI will depend on how well devices understand their users – and how well devices empower users. SAIC takes on grand scientific and engineering challenges in machine intelligence and actively contributes to the international research community through scientific publications and presentations in major conferences and journals in research areas of Computer Vision, HCI, Contextual/multi-modal modeling, NLP, Speech Recognition, Dialogue, and Machine and Deep Learning. The SAIC is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Position Summary: We are looking for a highly self-motivated Product Manager to actively engage with talented research scientists and engineers across the spectrum of research types - exploratory, focused, and applied research within speech, language, vision and other AI domains. In close partnership with research, engineering, and other cross-functional teams, this person will identify technical problem statements, create technical roadmaps, scope programs aligning them with research outcomes and business priorities, define milestones and success metrics, and drive them to completion by aligning and leading large cross-functional teams. In this role, you will work closely with multiple engineering teams and contribute to the design, planning and execution of the evaluation road-map and architecture for ground breaking ML frameworks and operate in a highly multi-functional environment to push the boundaries of automation, ML and AI.
- Collaborate with engineers and scientists to define program requirements, set priorities and establish scope which includes defining the roadmap and long-term strategy of the partnered teams.
- Create a shared vision and clear goals for the product, including a well-defined product roadmap involving engineers, designers and researchers.
- Integrate insights from usability studies and other research to improve user experience and refine the product roadmap
- Partner with team to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- Effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Create trusting relationships with at all levels within the company, locally and in Seoul, Korea (HQ) by promoting a culture of collaboration and open communication which may require persuasive Korean language skills.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reducing the manual efforts through automation.
- MS or Ph.D in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of AI related work experience including research, software engineering, system engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
- Experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Bilingual communication skills- Korean and English (Persuasive/Written/Oral)
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational coordination experience and experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Ability to work as a team, motivation for international collaboration, strong communication skills, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and passionate about learning
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $179,700 and $269,550 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.