Roblox is hiring a
Programmability Models Software Engineer - New Graduate 2024
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
You will work with us on software ecosystem development of the embedded scripting languages in the Roblox engine. Developers on the Roblox platform need advanced programming interfaces, an efficient set of script libraries, a comprehensive set of development tools, and an ultra-fast, multithreaded runtime. Help improve the development of a new set of programming interfaces and advanced tooling features that will be used by millions of developers daily. You will report to the Game Engine Programmability team.
- Passionate about developing software programming environments for other game developers.
- Proficient in C++ and familiar with parallel/concurrent programming concepts
- Useful to have: experience developing APIs and tools, Game development, distributed systems and Lua/Luau programming knowledge and compiler development experience
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- Help our team with prototyping and developing creator programming models to allow scripts to improve across multiple CPU cores and even multiple computer systems.
- Increase confidence in our designs. We need to create prototypes to exercise our designs on realistic use cases and assess if they are fit for purpose and whether or not performance metrics for the solutions meet our goals.
- Collaborate with engineers across several engine and partner teams
Please note the Company may not be able to employ candidates who have United States work authorization related to certain U.S. visa categories, or support future H-1B sponsorship at this time
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.