Posted Aug 13
Street Smarts VR is hiring a
R&D Product Manager
NEW YORK, NY
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
We’re looking for someone who can support a Lead Product Manager by taking charge of strategic initiatives and R&D. This role demands a proactive Product Manager to explore new opportunities, run a small team of developers to explore solutions to technical challenges, and leverage data collected from experiments and user testing to influence decision making on the product roadmap.
This role reports to our Lead Product Manager.
What you can expect to work on:
- Direct a matrixed team of software developers and technical artists to explore future technologies and validate new product ideas
- Create project plans for R&D projects, managing budget, schedule, and risk
- Coordinating resources with the Engineering and Art Team leads
- Work with senior developers and artists to plan how to transition your R&D projects into the core product
- Conduct market research and customer interviews to understand the value proposition and Product-Market Fit (PMF) of new product ideas and features
- Design MVPs and experiments to validate product market fit, while minimizing development costs
- Use technical and product management insights to reduce the overall risk of new products and features.
- Align R&D plans with SBIR opportunities. Assist in the execution of SBIRs, including application writing and relationship management during the project execution phase
What we can expect from you:
- Proven experience as a Product Manager or similar role within technology or software development fields
- Understanding of product strategy, R&D, market research, and user testing methodologies
- Familiarity with software development processes and tools
- Ability to design MVPs and experiments, and use these to create data-driven insights
- Excellent project management skills, including budgeting, scheduling, and risk management
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate product vision to both internal and external stakeholders
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
- Experience working with SBIR/STTR projects is preferred
- 10-20% travel to conferences, customer sites, and Street Smarts VR’s corporate offices (New York City and/or San Antonio)
What we offer:
- Opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
- Remote or hybrid work environment, depending on proximity to an office
$12,000 - $140,000 a year
Salary range offered: $120,000 - $140,000 a year
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position. Salary range based on years of professional experience, relevancy of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.