Posted Sep 6
Transfr is hiring a
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
The Learning Intelligence team at Transfr is looking for a highly motivated Research Assistant who is passionate about education. This individual will have the opportunity to work with researchers, engineers, and product designers across the company and engage in cutting-edge research to contribute to learning research and analytics.
- Assist with research data collection through experimentation, surveys, focus groups, and interviews.
- Enter data into research databases, process and manage the data sets for each project.
- Review and manage the research instruments on a regular basis.
- Design the research plan to gather necessary data as determined by the research lead.
- Lead tasks that are parts of the main research project.
- Perform hypothesis testing and statistical analysis for the research data.
- Develop summary analysis reports including summary tables and charts.
- Schedule appointments with research participants and manage the participant list.
- Assist senior researchers to conduct quantitative and/or qualitative research related to the research/business questions to solve.
- Perform administrative tasks such as managing research participant records and keeping track of the research timelines.
- Support research processes and documentations that involve Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements and legal documentation for data privacy/data protection to comply with FERPA.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education, psychology, education policy, sociology, cognitive science or a related field.
- At least one year of related research experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including basic functions and formulas.
- Proficiency in using analytical and statistical software such as R, SPSS, SAS, and Python.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large research team.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written formats.
- Ability to handle several responsibilities and work under tight time constraints.
- Ability to perform research or data entry with the research lead’s supervision.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $60K and $65K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.