Posted Aug 3
VRChat is hiring a
Security Engineer - Unity
VRChat offers a first-of-its kind, game-changing platform that provides an endless collection of social VR experiences and gives the power of creation to its robust community. With over 250,000 worlds and growing, VRChat’s vision is to allow users to bring their imaginations to life and help shape the metaverse anywhere in the world on any device.
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in the VRChat Unity client. VRChat is a “live” platform that’s constantly updated and evolving, so you’ll see your work have an immediate impact on our massive global community of users. As a Unity Security Engineer, you’ll be seeking out security issues, finding solutions, and implementing fixes in the VRChat unity client. The ideal candidate has experience in networked Unity games with a passion for virtual reality. If you’re interested in seeking out exploits and stomping them out, then this role could be right up your alley.
Job & Team Impact
Your work will directly impact the user experience for millions of VRChat users. Vulnerabilities in the unity client can lead to a negative impact on a user’s experience in VRChat and your job is to keep that from happening!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take the lead in finding and fixing security vulnerabilities in the VRChat client
- Collaborate with various teams to assess, design and fix security-critical code
- Help architect Safety by Design features within the VRChat platform
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in securing networked games or applications
- 3+ years experience working with the Unity game engine
- Strong cross-team communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in VR, online communities, or be a VRChat user and creator! Knowing how our platform and community works will be extremely helpful for this role.
- Experience working with realtime game networking and/or Photon networking
- Experience working on a “live” app, shipping frequent updates and responding to user feedback
- Work from anywhere! VRChat is a 100% remote company
- Health Benefits
- 401K for US & RRSP for Canadian Employees
- Stock Options
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Unlimited/Flexible vacation time
- Paid parental leave benefits
VRChat is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. VRChat fosters a diverse, creative, and collaborative environment where anyone can contribute to any of the ongoing projects or direction of the roadmap at any time. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an impact on a dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Offers are subject to satisfactory background checks
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.