Roblox is hiring a
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Accountant in the Accounting Team, you will play an important role in our financial close process. Your main responsibility will be related to month end close activities (Leases, Fixed Assets or Accruals & OPEX) . In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes. You have about 3 - 5 years of experience which includes accounting operations, month-end close, and managing ad hoc projects. These roles will report to an Accounting Manager at our San Mateo headquarters.
- Be responsible for sections of the general ledger (Leases & Fixed Assets or Accruals, & OPEX), including performing monthly GL accounting close tasks and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Partner with internal business partners, such as Procurement, Production Engineering, FP&A, Tax and Legal owners teams to resolve issues or answer questions
- Coordinate internal and external audit requests including preparation of supporting reports and documentation.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects, such as system automation, process improvements and researching accounting topics
- You have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree and 3+ years of relevant experience (CPA a plus)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and standards (e.g., US GAAP)
- Audit and Compliance knowledge related to internal controls, risk management, and external audit processes
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Experience related to NetSuite, FloQast, Zip and Audit Board.
- Detailed-oriented as you will work with immense set of data with various accounting treatments
- A critical thinker with the ability to understand issues, proactively resolve problems and can identify process improvements and efficiencies
- Driven and can work independently with general guidance, and ability to meet timelines for different projects
- A Team Player who is willing to contribute beyond the defined role to meet business needs as circumstances require
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.