Posted Aug 3
Inworld is hiring a
Senior Backend Developer - Java / Kotlin - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is a developer platform for building AI characters. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) and add performance, configurable safety, knowledge, memory, narrative controls, multimodality, and more. We’re focused on enabling character-based interactions for immersive experiences like video games, brand activations, and training simulations.
Inworld uses advanced AI to build generative characters whose personalities, thoughts, memories, and behaviors are designed to mimic the deeply social nature of human interaction. Our platform lets you create characters with personality and contextual awareness to keep them in-world and on brand. Integrations make it easy for developers to deploy characters into immersive experiences, while scale and performance are optimized for real-time experiences.
Inworld AI is funded by top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Microsoft, and Founders Fund, and a team of all-star angels - corporate executives, top VC funds' partners, and industry veterans from Riot Games, Twitch, and Oculus.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our talented team and help build the product that will shape the future of AI.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin
• Expertise in SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience in Kubernetes
• Practical knowledge of cloud platforms: AWS or Google Cloud
• Hands-on experience in designing and developing high-load distributed systems
• Strong fundamentals in the data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and object-oriented programming
• 5+ years of professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin
• Experience in building ML systems and/or development platforms
• Experience in leading small teams
• Building from scratch or in the early phase: high-load distributed systems, high-quality APIs, ML inference, and training infrastructure
• Contributing to the product design and roadmap
• Prototyping new ideas and features
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $260,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.