Roblox is hiring a
Senior C++ Software Engineer - Core Engine
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Software Engineer on our engine team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. The software you build is a very large application that empowers our global community of 2M+ developers to push the boundaries of interactive gaming. Your work will touch every part of the engine, from threading and memory management to physics and scripting. If you enjoy working on C++ software alongside experienced and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our growing game engine team.
- Experienced: you have 5+ years experience and you've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write code, not your enemies
- Platform: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- Curious: you want to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Develop engine code that performs well for all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Improve scripting, memory management, bootstrapping, and other fundamental layers of the Roblox engine
- Work on every application Roblox develops, from mobile phone clients to cloud-based servers
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.