Roblox is hiring a
Senior Data Scientist - Discovery Experiences
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the Role:
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, causal inference, economics, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY DISCOVERY EXPERIENCES AT ROBLOX?
We're seeking senior data scientists with expertise in machine learning to join our User & Growth group. As IC leaders, you'll drive strategic decisions for user growth and product innovation, leveraging all data science toolkits (analytics, experimentation, forecasting, and ML solutions) to improve end-to-end consumer journeys on Roblox. The roles will primarily focus on Discovery Experiences. Discovery surfaces (i.e. home, search, matchmaking, notifications) are critical to fostering engagement and long-term relationships with our platform. The complex network of our two-sided marketplace, combined with the ever-evolving metaverse, presents exciting challenges.
- An expert in data and applied methodologies. You use cutting-edge techniques (or develop new ones) to extract value and drive insights for strategic topics.
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and lead spirited discussions about the findings. You can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Expert in data transformation and programming, using languages including Python, R, and SQL. You are experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data using big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink.
- Passionate about developing other technical talent. You are motivated to share your expertise and develop other team members while leading your own space.
- Develop foundational solutions to scale the hypothesis generation process across key user engagement touchpoints.
- Contribute directly to the development of ML solutions that power our discovery canvases alongside our sister engineering teams.
- Partner closely with Product and engineering leaders to inform, drive and accelerate innovations in discovery experiences via Insights, frameworks, causal inference solutions and machine learning prototypes.
- Report directly to the Senior Director, Data Science on the consumer
- Advanced Degree and/or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Economics, or other related quantitative fields
- 7+ years of experience using scripting languages (Python, R), and big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, and Airflow
- 5+ years of industry experience in data science, economics, analytics, or machine learning engineering
- Knowledge of ML and Deep Learning either via formal training or industry experience
- Ability to apply creative first-principles reasoning to solve ambiguous problems
- Experience developing large-scale recommendation systems as well as experience with content platforms, specifically user-generated content
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.