Roblox is hiring a
Senior Data Scientist, Trust & Safety - Content Safety
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency, and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling, and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive tool belt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products, and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
WHY TRUST & SAFETY - CONTENT SAFETY?
As a Senior Data Scientist in the Trust & Safety organization, you will drive one of Roblox's most important initiatives: Content Safety. With our large and growing number of active users on Roblox, safety and civility remains our #1 priority, and we are always working to ensure our community is protected. Content Safety aims to make sure that all components of the Roblox platform - whether they be experiences, a t-shirt in the Roblox marketplace, or text and audio chat - meet our standards for providing our users with a safe and welcoming experience. We operate at a massive scale processing billions of messages per day across different modalities like text, images, 3-d mesh, and audio. You will also collaborate and report directly to the Director, of Data Science on the Safety team.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and enjoy learning new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You're up-to-date on the latest technologies across ML, AI, and data engineering, and are curious to learn more.
- Excited about new challenges. You know how to pick the right tool for the scale and complexity of the problem and love architecting solutions to a diverse set of problems.
- Engaged and insightful. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and participate in spirited discussions about the findings. You are keen to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Versatile. The problems we face in this area span a spectrum of products and technologies. You love working with big-picture data across multiple sources and can dive into a variety of technical setups with ease.
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the underlying data and your ability to partner with product and technical leaders to provide insights that lead to the safest experiences for Roblox's sizable user base.
- Investigate new ways to identify content on the Roblox platform that does not conform with our standards of safety and civility.
- Develop modeling solutions to identify new behaviors and signals of malicious user behavior. Apply analytics results, model outputs, and data storytelling to influence product teams.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to push detection systems toward real-time identification.
- Bachelor or Advanced degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, or other technical field
- 6+ years of industry experience OR 2+ years of academic experience in addition to 4+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of experience applying statistics and analysis
- 4+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, Hive, or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 4+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- 4+ years of industry experience in analytics focused on improving the experience and safety of communication products
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.