Roblox is hiring a
Senior Design Manager, Social
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Senior Design Manager, Social, you'll help lead design and strategy for our immersive co-experience platform. You will manage a team that designs and builds end-to-end social products for our core Player app, working collaboratively with other leaders across product, research, data science and engineering to define social first experiences for our immersive platform experiences across mobile, desktop, 10ft, XR, wearables and beyond. These social experiences span different verticals: communications, connections and communities.
You'll help define UX strategy, future vision, goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments. You'll be an inspirational design leader, a beacon of design excellence, pushing boundaries, partnering and coaching our talented designers to build an industry leading metaverse platform.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, this is a high visibility role, where you'll make an impact that sparks imagination and enables players around the world to enjoy incredible experiences on Roblox at a time of sustained growth for our business.
This role is hybrid, 3 days a week in office at our San Mateo headquarters.
- Create outstanding user experiences for a diverse global audience through seamless cross-product journeys, envision new social experiences and delightful interactions that align with our mission.
- Drive the exploration, invention, research, and development of how users will interact with and co-experience in the metaverse.
- Work with groups and leaders across Roblox to ensure delightful user interactions for all Roblox social use cases on all surface areas.
- Build new social features that use the unique features of each device platform, but still ensure a consistent Roblox experience across all of them.
- Present design strategy to team, group and executive leaders.
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop product plans to build and deploy these new social interactions and navigation methods.
- Collaborate with data science & research to define audience, market opportunities and unlock new immersive use cases through understanding user behaviors on the platform.
- Lead and grow a team of talented designers.
- Bring a fresh perspective and your industry skills, inspiring and enhancing how our design studio works and grows in their design craft.
- Help invent the future!
- 10+ years of Product Design experience shipping high quality, delightful consumer apps across multiple platforms, especially finding unique solutions for social interactions.
- Experience leading user-experience and design projects, especially those that build creative human-computer interaction paradigms.
- Ability to contribute to product strategy, project management, technical ideas, and all things necessary to achieve goals.
- Experience in rapid prototyping, design ideation, and driving cross-functional teams to invent creative social experience.
- Expertise in user interactions juggling many technical, product, and policy requirements across many teams, features, and device platforms regularly overcoming roadblocks.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.