Magic Leap is hiring a
Senior, Diffractive Optics Engineer
Our company vision is to amplify human potential. Our mission is to deliver enterprise a powerful tool for transformation—an augmented reality platform of great utility and simplicity. Achieving our goals requires passion and dedication. That’s why we’re committed to building and empowering a diverse team of incredibly talented people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
This position is for a Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer working in Magic Leap’s Optical Engineering team. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer will be responsible for innovation and evolution of key optical component-level technology to enable the next-generation of our Mixed Reality experience. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer is expected to design optical components and to effectively contribute to technical deliverables in these areas to achieve aggressive goals.
This role is based in our Boulder, CO office and will require you to come into our office regularly.
- A key member of the OE team with a focus on product development and prototyping
- Use of custom in house software as well as other simulation tools for eyepiece design and simulation
- Enhancement of in house design capabilities
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving; innovating creative solutions, and clear communication of findings.
- Support technology development efforts
- Must possess expert knowledge of diffractive and polarization optics.
- Must possess extensive hands-on experience in diffractive optical elements, preferably in the design and fabrication of diffractive optical elements.
- Knowledgeable of nano-/micro-patterning and replication techniques including optical lithography, interference lithography, and nano-imprint/molding.
- Experience with imaging optics is desired; experience with display optics preferred.
- Hi comfort level with scientific programming
- Experience with Python, Matlab strongly preferred
- Experience with diffractive optics design and modeling software, including gsolver, Zemax, Lumerical, COMSOL or other packages is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Focused on problem resolution and delivering solutions.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with multidisciplinary groups.
- MS or Ph.D. in optics, physics or related fields, with 2+ (MS) or 1 (Ph.D.) years of industry experience in optical components or sub-systems.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.