Magic Leap is hiring a
Senior Director, Electrical Engineering
Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Director, Electrical engineer with 15+ years experience in product design or advanced technology development to join the hardware team working on our next generation products. In this role you are expected to be a subject matter expert in power architecture and integration of lithium ion batteries in mobile electronics. Join our team developing next-generation technology for AR devices in an Agile Hardware Environment.
- Deep knowledge in lithium metal/lithium-ion materials, chemistry and battery components, aging modes and performance modeling
- Subject Matter Expert on integrating battery products in mobile devices
- Identify lithium-ion battery technologies including chemistry/cell/pack
- Experience with power management design for mobile electronics
- Experience in battery testing and battery safety & reliability
- Experience designing battery system features such as fuel gauging, dead battery recovery, battery savings modes, etc.
- PMIC definition and design as well as switching regulators, LDO design and test.
- PCB design and layout
- Running Sigrity PI, PDN simulations
- Working with chargers, PD controllers, USBC standards.
- Troubleshooting board issues and implementing automated tests for DVT, factory testing, certification and regulatory.
- Battery life optimization with HW and SW and implementing low power systems.
- 15 + years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Strong experience with Battery Management Systems and integration of batteries- Required
- Experience leading teams and researching and developing new technologies from concept to productization
- Cadence or other schematics/layout tools
- C/C++ / Experienced writing firmware and scripting languages.
- PI/PDN simulation
- Simulation skills (SI, PSPICE, etc.)
- PMIC, VRM, DC/DC & LDO design
- Analog / Digital circuit design
- Battery definition / Battery Management System design (BMS)
- Battery life optimization
- Charger design
- USBC standard & Power Delivery
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field (Computer Engineering or other) is required. MS or PhD is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.