Samsung Research America is hiring a
Senior Engineer, Audio Systems
Samsung – the world’s number one TV and smartphone manufacturer – is committed to deliver the best possible sound to our customers in new and exciting ways. To that end, we have built a world-class audio lab in Valencia, California, where the world’s leading audio engineers and researchers design groundbreaking technologies and products. If you are an engineer or scientist with a love for music and movies we want to hear from you.
Desire an individual passionate about music and audio and possessing loudspeaker system design knowledge and experience. Must be a team player and be capable of balancing multiple projects in a fast-paced development environment. Knowledge of loudspeaker systems design, audio measurements, transducer design and signal processing are a must.
- Loudspeaker systems development in one or more of the following areas:
- Sound Bars and subwoofers
- TV audio systems
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speakers
- Phone [mobile] audio systems
- Tablet and Laptop audio systems
- Up-front simulation and system design to meet target performance, cost, size and industrial design limitations. Will specify transducer parameters, enclosure type/tuning, as well as amplifier and DSP requirements
- Constructing loudspeaker system prototypes and samples
- Performing acoustic measurements and interpreting results for transducers, passive and active loudspeaker systems, soundbars and subwoofers
- Design and implement active crossover networks and filter methodologies in powered subwoofers and multiway loudspeaker systems
- Perform linear and non-linear acoustic measurements on transducers and systems
- Analyze, disassemble and reassemble competitive products
- Preparing documentation, reports, and presentations
- Working with research and product development teams in the US and Korea
- BSEE/MSEE preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years audio related product development experience
- Experience with an acoustic measurement system (i.e.: Smaart, CLIO, SoundCheck…)
- Experience with acoustic measurements, loudspeakers and room correction
- Strong documentation skills. Must be able to analyze test results and report to management
- A musician and/or passionate about music and movies would be a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create clear documentation
- An attention to detail. Always thinking: “How can I make this better?”
- A great team player able to assume any role from mentor to student
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.