Roblox is hiring a
Senior Engineering Manager, Personalization
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Engineering Manager for Personalization, you will work closely with executive leadership, product, policy, and operations teams across Roblox. As we bring new immersive features to Roblox, you will be responsible for leading engineering teams in one of the most challenging and vital roles. The mission of this team is to connect a billion users with the best connections and content at the right time, covering an extremely diverse range of recommendations and search problems at high scale. You will have the opportunity to dramatically evolve the future of personalized discovery on Roblox in ways that will make the platform orders of magnitude more enjoyable for our community, grow developers, and define the future of the industry. With daily active users growing at a record rate, we are looking for experienced thought leaders to help us build the seamless and immersive discovery vision for the metaverse.
- A thought leader with a proven track record of highly technical delivery in high scalability environments
- Experience building, supporting, productionizing, and evolving machine learning systems
- Experience building, supporting, productionizing, and evolving reliable and at-scale distributed systems infrastructures
- Experience developing and productionizing innovative technologies
- An adept hand with shaping an organization to meet our needs
- An outstanding recruiter who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 8+ years in an engineering management role, 4+ years in a Senior leadership role, and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.