Magic Leap is hiring a
Senior, Equipment Engineer
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible, possible.
Hands-on support of photolithography, metrology, and other precision clean room manufacturing equipment – troubleshooting, testing, system bring-up, installation, and maintenance of equipment at Austin ,TX site as well as field support for South Florida production facility. Performs field and in-house equipment upgrades. Teaches robotic equipment (wafer handling). Works on maintaining and continuous improvement of complex fluid dispense systems. Understands schematics and assembly drawings and builds electromechanical assemblies. Installs and routes cables with attention to detail. Orders parts or tools needed for multiple and varied projects.
- Responds to internal customer equipment design requests by collaborating with Mechanical team
- Supports Software Development team by assisting in building various test stands
- Works from test procedures, electro/mechanical schematics, diagrams, written and/or verbal descriptions, and layouts to perform testing, checkout, and troubleshooting functions
- Performs mechanical, electrical, debug and repair/rework tasks on subassemblies
- Responsible for writing technical reports and test procedures
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment
- Determines methods or actions to remedy malfunctions
- Communicates with outside vendors to support ongoing projects
- Responsible for purchasing parts and communicating with design team to update BoM’s
- Intentional in seeking out how best to support/assist other teams/internal customers
- Responds well to changes in priorities
- Solid teamwork and camaraderie is essential
- Willing to travel in field service role for ~15% of the time.
- Requires strong skills in change management, problem solving, communication, customer orientation, personal effectiveness, team skills, and quality
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with electro-mechanical assemblies or electrical systems
- Experience ramping automation equipment for higher throughput
- Familiarity with motion control and I/O systems
- Familiarity with Linux, TCL, command line troubleshooting
- Needs to be capable of reading and red-lining engineering drawings
- Experience with DMMs, oscilloscopes, variable power supplies, machine shop tools and other test/troubleshooting equipment.
- Experience with vacuum systems is a plus
- Experience with metrology equipment is a plus
- May be required to work with systems with little or no formally released documentation.
- ME, Mechatronics, EE, or BSEET degree with 10+ years related work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.